It’s hard to keep track of everything you need to do, so making a list is helpful!
When starting a new semester in college, there’s so much going on that it’s hard to keep track of all the tasks that you need to accomplish.
Here’s a list of things you should do sooner than later to ensure you’ll stay ahead during the course of the semester:
1. Arrange your class schedule to ensure you get all the classes you want
2. Buy books, notebooks, school supplies, etc.
3. Map out an efficient route to classes so that you’re not late the first day
4. Obtain your student ID
5. Touch base with your student advisor
6. Set up your school email account (if you don’t already have one)
7. Evaluate which dorms have the best food (if you have a meal plan)
8. Locate the closest library to where you’re living this year
9. Organize all of the class syllabus documents so you can reference them easily
10. Create a study schedule
11. Put important dates (like tests, assignment due dates, etc.) into your agenda book, phone, apps, calendar, etc.
12. Introduce yourself to others in your dorm or, if you live off campus, your neighbors
13. Sign up for and attend any club meetings you’re interested in becoming involved with this year
14. Go to each of your lecturer’s office hours and introduce yourself (TA’s count, too!)
15. Get something with your school’s logo on it to wear on game and/or spirit days
16. Begin looking for a part-time job, if you’re planning on getting one this semester
17. Find out where the student health center is located, just in case, as well as the gym and other student recreational facilities you can take advantage of while in school
18. Check in with your family and friends – they likely miss you much more than you know!
Is there anything you’d add to the list?