Today I am coming back to you guys with another bloggers collaboration featuring Stephanie of Stephylately. She’s from Zambia but based in the UK. We’ve actually been following each other for a while now, I remember Stephanie from those early blog days and I’m proud to see how far we’ve both come. She recently rebranded and has been giving us hits back to back.
Choosing a theme was quite challenging hence we settled on black and white, which quite frankly, one can’t go wrong with. The monochromatic trend as it applies to black and white is always a good idea and quite versatile since it works for any occasion. Whether one decides to stick to neutral colours like black and white or with a pop of colour, one can’t fail with this classic look and trend. It’s interesting to observe that while I stuck with plain colours, Stephanie opted for a pop of pink and both looks worked just right.
Photography by Blessing Audu
However, as trustworthy as this trend is, it can be quite boring or too safe at times. So how does one upgrade or change this neutral look?
- Add a pop of colour either in your accessories, makeup or clothing just like Stephanie
- Play with textures to make things more interesting. As you can observe, I combined lace and pleats which changed things up. Also Stephanie opted for a little layering which just took the look to another level.
- Do not be scared to try prints like I did with the stripe blazer. You can also try mixing prints like I did here.
- Opt for statement outwear. You might want to add a printed blazer like I did or go for a statement coat like Stephanie which automatically dresses up the look.
- Finally statement jewellery will add a nice touch too.
Skirt: Thailand || Shoes: Zara || Blazer: Thrift || Necklace: H&M
Hope these tips were helpful, how do you upgrade black and white? How do you like to rock monochrome? If you missed my first 2017 collaboration with Tee (here) then check that out.
Be sure to head over to Stephanie blog for more great posts and further details on this look.
Let’s stay in touch