The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced the registration procedure for Direct Entry (DE) admission into various tertiary institutions for 2017/2018 academic session. The application form is on sale.
DE Admission Requirements:
Candidates with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
(a) A minimum of five (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level G.C.E. and the others.
(b) Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
(c) Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
(d) Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
(e) Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
How To Apply for JAMB Direct Entry 2017:
- Registration fee for the 2017 Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000)only. Candidates are also to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the Direct Entry examination reading text ”The Last Days at Forcados High School”.
- Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable.
- Candidates are advised to keep as confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password /numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB portal:www.jamb.org.ng. Name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- Each Candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment to register.
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee. Any centre that charges more than ₦700 should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general text: “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
Candidates are warned that the Board has not authorised or solicited the services of ANY establishment /group or individual other than the accredited CBT centres for this registration exercise.
Direct Entry registration closing date is not yet announced.
Best of luck To all the 2017 Direct Entry Candidates.