First semester exam is coming up. Some say if you can’t understand, just memorize. And to memorize, try the “stacking” method:
1. First, use a pencil or word processor (I prefer the latter because it’s faster) to type, in complete sentences, any fact you think might appear on the exam. Use short sentences because they’re easier to remember. Take your printed notes into a quiet room, shut the door, and eliminate all distractions.
2. Look at the first sentence in your notes and read it out loud. Then, close your eyes and say the sentence without looking at it.
3. Repeat the step above, this time with the first 2 sentences.
4. Next, try it with 3 sentences. Then 4.
5. Repeat until you have memorized every sentence in your notes.
The article also notes that completing the process twice (once more after taking a short nap) is also a good idea. Any other tips for memorizing?